Friday, November 18, 2011

Baby Brain

I guess that I had major baby brain on Wednesday night...twofold, now that I think about it.  (I'll explain; I'm 16 weeks pregnant - hence me being the "Sober Blogger" - and one of my best friends had a baby on Tuesday that I got to meet and hold on Wednesday!)  Anyhow, I forgot to take notes during the evening or even photos of the food!  Later that evening when just Joan and I were left and we were finishing the clean-up, I suddenly realized and started to rack my brain and write down our conversations...so here goes my attempt!

Another successful evening, painting- and "freeing" -wise!  Denise completed her second painting (ever), Gina began her first, and Al (the first guy to actually paint at a WAW) completed his first (ever)!  I don't think Al was too pleased with my Disney Movie Playlist, but he got a dose of what WAW's are all about; being yourself!  (He also got to hear our terrible...I mean...lovely voices singing "Sisters" from the movie "White Christmas.")
That's Jen painting away and Al moving quickly, haha.  

We had a really wonderful discussion about Ally's Law.  I recently (and finally) got around to reading one of my Glamours from a month or so ago, and was happy to see that it was the issue including the "Top 10 College Women."  (Ahh, reminiscing about Maya Shankar, a friend of mine, when she was featured as "The Scientist" in 2006.)  Ally Bain was featured as this years' "Activist" and the law she has already had passed in a few states to enable people with Krohn's Disease and other gastrointestinal disorders to use restrooms wherever they may need them.  (Click here for the Glamour link and here for more on Ally's Law.)  Since I know a few people with such issues, I know how important her work is.  Al, being an EMT, also agrees and said that he had a friend with "the card" that you keep in your wallet to show employees, so that you may use the bathroom - AMAZING!
Here are our pallets (paper plates, not very glamorous, but very effective!).  We also use up the leftover paint to prepare blank canvases for art!

I still can't stop thinking about beautiful newborn Reid Hudson K.  Awww, his little eyes when they peeked at me and his tiny yawn and toes, but long, dark hair!  (Luke and Dana made it look like a little mohawk - adorable.)  I'm so distracted by his cuteness in my memory!  Thankfully, being extremely happy is highly conducive to painting and painting leads to happiness, so I was all smiles and couldn't have had a better WAW.  Here are our paintings!  (Some are already listed on our Etsy!  The rest will be up on Monday.)
(Clockwise from top left: Group, Joan, Rita, Jen, Gina, Alex, Group)  See, we started a new thing where we also use up our leftover paint by having "group" canvases...it's so fun to see what each person adds to it!  (Unfortunately, I didn't get a photo of Al's before he left and Denise's snowman was already displayed elsewhere, but you can see it on Etsy by Monday!)

See you next week!

<3 Alex

PS: Do you want to see us do a specific type of painting?  You can see that this week we did a Christmas theme!  Let me know my commenting or sending me an email at WineArtWednesdays [at] gmail [dot] com !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment