Saturday, April 7, 2012

White is a bossy color

     Wine Art Wednesday is my favorite night of the week. I have a set time devoted to sit down, unwind from a busy day, chat with fabulous women, paint, and of course EAT! Friends, food and art definitely makes a happy life.  Let me take this time to introduce myself. I'm Jocelyn. I graduated from Houghton College, don't expect anyone to have heard of it, in New York with a B.A. degree in Studio Art and Art Education. I am now a full time Fine Arts teacher at a private elementary and middle school. I teach not only art, but music/drama to 500 students. While I love music and theater, my real passion is in art. 
      What inspires me? A vast amount of things - textures, 18th and 19th century architectural design, photography, bright colors, music, things international, florals, and studying other artists, especially my friends. Like the other WAW members, I enjoy looking on Etsy, but I am more of a Pinterest and blog girl. I love blogs, especially art teacher blogs.  It presents the wonderful opportunity to learn and share from art educators across the country.  The same with pinterest, I have boards from cuisine to wedding inspirations (and I'm not even close to being engaged!Ha!) but I love looking at pictures, getting different ideas and keeping them all organized in one spot. It's genius! 
      This week's WAW host for the evening was Joan, who is one of the most interesting, exciting, and creative women I know.  She made a delicious dinner ~ Moroccan chicken with cilantro, figs, shallots, lemons and almonds with a side of rice and green beans. Gabrielle brought an array of exciting cheeses, Italian sharp, Smoky Bacon Cheddar and Strawberry Chardonnay Cheddar, crackers, salami, and sun dried tomatoes. Donna made a light and refreshing ambrosia for dessert. All I have to say to that is YUMM-O.  I am so spoiled on WAW. I'm always guaranteed an amazing meal. 
      Once dinner is finished, we pour another glass of wine....or two, and begin the process of painting. I love seeing everyone's creativity and the process they go through. Rita suggested that one should always prime a canvas with a color because white is too great of a contrast.  "White is a bossy color." ~ Joan.  WAW conversations are always across the board ~ food, art, travel, tv shows, men, work, relationships....sometimes we get a little OCD. A chunk of conversation was NYC. What shows to see, where to eat, how to get around, etc. Joan, Donna and some of friends went to see Ghost the musical in the city on Tuesday. Great reviews from our WAW ladies, btw. I don't know about you, but I could go to the theater every day. I just love it. I wish life was like a musical. When you're having a bad day, don't just sit there and cry, sing about it! Maybe that's just me...but I think it would be amazing.                Now, to the art! 






Look for new items on Etsy and stay tuned for next week's WAW post! We're all created to be creative ~ so go do something today, perhaps start your own Wine Art Wednesday or Wine Art Whenever! 






No comments:

Post a Comment